Friday 12 March 2010

It's Battersea but not as we know it Jim

Can't seem to stop painting new version of the Power Station that has loomed so large over parts of my life. Dad's demolition company took out the generators (he advised against it, due to the weight acting as a counter-balance to the stacks) but they ripped the guts out of the co-joined stations and, well, it's been buggered every since. It's one of those love it or hate it landmarks, but I am always drwan to it. Dad worked their covered in asbestos (it was used around the generators. The effect was to leave permanent scar damage in the plural lining of his lungs. I look at it and I think of him and all the moments of his life spent in and around the bricks that are still standing tall against the development all around. It is still a power station, but now it powers my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment