Thursday 18 March 2010

A change of seanery

This once was a seascape I gave a present to my daughter Laura and her husband Neil. I asked for it back and reworked it into the present form. The old painting simply wasn't good enough. This one is. It is better because I have moved on from being a painter to being an artist. An artist is someone who has the technical ability to go with the his or her ideas. An artist is someone who doesn't dabble but works at art 24 hours a day. An artist is someone who doesn't accept good enough as good enough. An artist is someone who doesn't hesitate to call themselves an artist when asked for a job description. This painting is the work of an artist. It is made of thought and paint and canvas and heart and soul and love for my Laura and her Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment