Friday 26 March 2010

It still has the power to generate energy

You can't drive down the embankment in Chelsea without wondering what will become/what should be done with the ruins of Battersea Power Station. My family connection with this landmark building goes back decades. Its abandonment has blighted one of the most dynamic skylines in London. In my panting, I have tried to show how this building has always made people take notice of it, think about it and either love it or hate it. I wanted to capture it's sense of history, its' nowness and it's future all in one go. It has always generated energy in the form of: electricity, debate, ideas, plans, and now... hope. I hope that all of these energies are there in every brushstroke. I hope some of what's on show at http://www.battersea-powerstation.com will keep the energy flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment