Thursday 18 December 2008

Sensational Direct Mail

This mailshot for a landscape gardener stimulates all of the senses: Sight, Sound, Touch, Smell, Taste with a real flower parked on the customer's doorstep. The line reads, "If this is what I can do with junk mail, imagine what I could do with your garden."

You walk out the door. You see the flower. You touch the flower. You smell the flower. You eat (OK you don't want to go that far, but hitting 4 out of 5 senses makes for a sensational impact.

For the budding Buddhist out there, who believe that the mind is the 6th sense, you can imagine what's going through the recipient's head as they bend down to pick up the flower,

"I have an admirer, my wife/husband is going to go mental/for me?" it works. It creates impact and drives word of mouth communication and brings the customer into sensational and emotional contact with your brand. You love it, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment